TERRE HAUTE River City Art Association celebrates its third annual Spring Art Exhibition.
The exhibition will take place at the Raven Gallery, 817 Ohio St., from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. April 1 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 2. An opening reception will be at 6 p.m. April 1.
Judging the exhibition is Christy Brinkman. Brinkman received her BFA in art education and interdisciplinary studio art with a minor in art history from Indiana State University in 2008. She is currently the artist-in-residence and gallery assistant at the Halcyon Contemporary Gallery. Brinkman also serves as an assistant to Steve Letsinger, art curator for Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
In conjunction with the exhibition, a book discussion, The Best of Edgar Alan Poe, will take place at 7 p.m. April 1, part of the Vigo County Public Librarys Big Read event. RCAA artists are creating a special art display with an Edgar Allan Poe theme. At 4 p.m. April 2, the art will be given to patrons. For more information on how to become a recipient, call Ruthann Brady at (812) 235 5759. The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with the Institute of Museum and Library Services and Arts Midwest.
RCAA artist Monty Jones created the 2011 ad poster using his Poe-themed painting Montys Raven.
For more information, contact Ruthann Brady at (812) 235 5759 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congratulations to Kari from all of us at RCAA. fb.me/O9s8IjEg 1 day ago
- Tuesday is the last day to view this awesome exhibition by Wabash Valley artists. All winners are announced in... fb.me/1xW7KbG0I 5 days ago
- Seven River City Art Association members have award-winning works in the "Celebration of Care" juried art... fb.me/2gb4iSIb0 1 week ago
- As Union Health continues to celebrate 125 years of caring, Union Hospital, in conjunction with River City Art... fb.me/8gCfCPzDP 1 week ago
- There are 66 entries by 30 artists in this 125th Anniversary Celebration. An awards presentation is at 6:30 p.m.... fb.me/9iOB6Fzy1 1 week ago