TERRE HAUTE River City Art Association celebrates its third annual Spring Art Exhibition.
The exhibition will take place at the Raven Gallery, 817 Ohio St., from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. April 1 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 2. An opening reception will be at 6 p.m. April 1.
Judging the exhibition is Christy Brinkman. Brinkman received her BFA in art education and interdisciplinary studio art with a minor in art history from Indiana State University in 2008. She is currently the artist-in-residence and gallery assistant at the Halcyon Contemporary Gallery. Brinkman also serves as an assistant to Steve Letsinger, art curator for Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
In conjunction with the exhibition, a book discussion, The Best of Edgar Alan Poe, will take place at 7 p.m. April 1, part of the Vigo County Public Librarys Big Read event. RCAA artists are creating a special art display with an Edgar Allan Poe theme. At 4 p.m. April 2, the art will be given to patrons. For more information on how to become a recipient, call Ruthann Brady at (812) 235 5759. The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with the Institute of Museum and Library Services and Arts Midwest.
RCAA artist Monty Jones created the 2011 ad poster using his Poe-themed painting Montys Raven.
For more information, contact Ruthann Brady at (812) 235 5759 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Best of Show winnings, sponsored by First Financial Bank, went to River City member Elise Spaid-Roberts for her... fb.me/y1BeLILX 5 days ago
- RCAA's Valerie Funk has done it again! Another win! fb.me/8ivoXzXeg 1 week ago
- River City exhibition at Clabber Girl features six female artists fb.me/KWjhvbJL 1 week ago
- An impressive 80 entries by 28 Wabash Valley artists are featured in the River City Art Association 9th Annual... fb.me/6jBn4BEHv 1 week ago
- Congrats to RCAA member Elise Spaid-Roberts - Juror T. Edward Holloman awarded her Best of Show for her mixed... fb.me/8YoRPBKax 2 weeks ago