River City Art Association and host sponsor First Financial Bank invite Wabash Valley artists to enter RCAA’s 9th Annual Juried Exhibition to be featured in the bank’s main branch at Sixth Street and Wabash Avenue.
The exhibition opens during First Friday events on Aug. 4 in downtown Terre Haute. A reception is scheduled 6 to 8 p.m. in the bank lobby with an awards ceremony at 6:30. Artwork will remain on display for viewing during regular banking hours through Aug. 31.
The competition is open to Indiana and Illinois artists age 18 and older. Art must be entirely original, completed within the last three years and not previously exhibited at a juried RCAA show.
First-, second- and third-place and honorable mention prizes will be awarded in four categories. Drawing includes ink, pencil and pastel; painting includes watercolor, oil and acrylic; photography includes digital art; and mixed media, wood, ceramics and three-dimensional artwork make up the fourth category.
Juror T. Edward Holloman, art teacher at Terre Haute North Vigo High School, will select winners in each category as well as the Best of Show. People’s Choice and Artists’ Choice also will be awarded.
All two-dimensional artwork must be suitably framed and wired for hanging. Art with “sawtooth hangers” and “clip frames” will not be accepted. Gallery-wrapped canvas paintings or photographs will be accepted.
RCAA reserves the right to reject work that is not suitably framed or is not suitable subject matter for public display.
Entry fees are $20 for RCAA and Wabash Valley Art Guild members and $30 for nonmembers, for up to three entries per artist. The entry fee must accompany an entry form and is nonrefundable.
Entry forms and the Call for Entries prospectus are available at the above links and at The Golden Frame at 509 E. Voorhees St. and at RiverCityArt.org. The entry form can be mailed to RCAA 9th Annual Show, P.O. Box 3605, Terre Haute, IN 47803 or dropped off at The Golden Frame. Forms must be received by July 21.
Artists are to deliver entries between noon and 5 p.m. Aug. 2, and bring easels to display their art. Art/artist identification tags must be attached to the back of each entry.
Artwork must be picked up between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Aug. 31.
For more information contact RCAA vice president Todd Stokes at 812-232-0048 or TheGoldenFrame53@gmail.com.
- RT @TREESINCTH: Today the @TREESINCTH VP of Marketing & Advertising, Elizabeth Scamihorn, took the Oath of Office and sworn into her positi… 7 months ago
- RCAA's next meeting is at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, in Room D at the Vigo County Public Library.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- New post "Current Body of Work" by RCAA member Todd Stokes at instagram.com/rivercityartas… https://t.co/A4fMFhlb9A 7 months ago
- New post on RCAA artist Elise Spaid-Roberts at RiverCityArt.org https://t.co/cF3v52blrn 7 months ago
- New post by RCAA member Thomas Wright on facebook.com/RiverCityArtAs… #BigRead #ThorntonWilder https://t.co/LWVmqwZSMY 7 months ago